Friday, January 10, 2014

Glowing, Glowing, Gone!

When Topshop Beauty came to Nordstrom, I was overjoyed. Finally, I would be able to try some of the products that my favorite beauty bloggers are raving about! My first purchase was 'Glow' a cream-based luminizer in the shade 'Polished' and it is stunning! When applied with fingers to the top of the cheekbones, it gives such a lovely, natural "glow" that will have people commenting on how wonderful you look...or have them asking if your liver is okay (which is what my mom does when my skin is looking especially glowy).

But there's a catch...it does the one thing cream-based products are not supposed to do: remove the foundation that you already oh so carefully buffed into your skin. Now, as someone who isn't a huge fan of foundation, I do wear it on the odd day when my skin is especially angry with me. But after the surprise I felt after seeing my foundation smeared off my face when using 'Glow', I decided to reserve the product for good skin days when a tinted moisturizer will do the trick. Because this product is so natural (your face will not resemble a disco-ball, I promise), it is very easy to get away with using it on minimal makeup days. Just keep it far away from your foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment